Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Cottage

Finally, here it is.  Pictures of the cottage.  I'll start with the outside.  The views really are spectacular here on the Brazos.


This is the front part of the house.  I love all the windows and all the light that can be let in.





Part of the wrap-around deck.  It needs some work, but one small step at a time.





The view off the back deck.  I told you it was beautiful, didn't I?





Looking up at after coming back up from the tree house.  Being built partially on a hill worries me some, but we are taking precautions.  We will be placing some additional bracing underneath the house.  It should be loads of fun!







Now to the inside....


The next 2 pictures are of the kitchen and breakfast nook.  The builder put in some neat little features, like the built-in shelves my mom is standing next to and the loft above the kitchen.  And what Karli at RockyBella has done to her countertops have given me a brilliant idea! (Thanks Karli!)




The next picture is of fluorescent green bathroom.  My plan is to paint everything of color white.  I'm not going to touch the natural wood right now.  Can't wait to see the transformation for myself, but first it has to be cleaned from top to bottom!





Here are pictures of the dining area, living area, and office area.












Finally, the stairwell and the bedroom.  It has the beginnings of a restroom.  I'm thinking about putting one of those composting toilets in the bathroom.  Even though they are pricey, in the long run I think it will pay off.



Stairway looking down....



I apologize for the blurriness of this picture.  My sister is the photographer of the family.  This is the bedroom and bath.



Door leading out to wrap-around deck.




Stairs going up.  There is a French Door at the top of the stairs that lets in a lot of light.



So now you have seen the before pictures of the cottage.  It is definitely a work in progress, but I can't wait to see what it will look like.  After my bill at Lowe's today, I definitely am not throwing in the towel!

No comments:

Post a Comment