Saturday, April 3, 2010

Decisions, decisions, decisions

No pictures to post at this minute, but just wanted to give everyone some updates.  We (my parents and I) have decided the best plan of action at this point would be to gut the entire house and start from scratch.  Now keep in mind, when I say gut, I mean tear out interior walls and insulation - down to the outer shell, studs, and subfloor and start planning!  Needless to say we are all exhausted and have taken at least today off, maybe tomorrow too!

I have made several major decisions about Briar Rose Cottage today.  The first was going to hinge on a decision I had made earlier in the week.  I have decided to put in the 2'w x 4'l galvanized horse troughs as bathtubs in both bathrooms.  I am so excited about this.  The price is right and it will be something unique!  So then I went back and forth all week about what fixtures do I use?  Chrome or Brushed Nickel?  I kept thinking chrome was too shiny, but then I am on decision overload, so I walked away.  We camed down the lighting aisle at HD and I found 2 light fixtures on sale for over half off!  And guess what!  They were both brushed nickel - decision made!  Whoo, one down a few dozen more to go!

Then I started thinking about paint color.  I love color, but I'm afraid too much color is going to make the cottage look even smaller than what it is.  So, I found a very light tan that is very neutral that is going to go with all my things.  It is called "Soft Slipcover" and it is in Valspar's "Seaside Retreat" collection.  The nice thing about it is it's neutral, it is very relaxing and "curl up with a good book feeling" and not too flesh-tone looking!

One thing I did find that I was truly amazed at was all the options for electric plugs and light switches.  I think that was truly when the headache set in.  I still have a lot of planning and demolishing to do.

See you in the next blog!

Tammy Jo

1 comment: